Special cases

Students (non EU citizens) who have a residence permit issued in another Schengen country, do not need to apply for the long term (D-type) visa in Latvia and she/he is entitled to enter and reside in the Republic of Latvia for a period of up to 360 days within the period of validity of the referred temporary residence permit.

N.B. Please remember that you need a valid residence permit issued by the Schengen country where you study/live, therefore, please, check its expiry date. If the residence permit will expire before you will leave Latvia, you need to prolong it before coming to Latvia. If you have any doubt please do not hesitate to contact Mobility Division of the University of Latvia.