University of Latvia offers two student hotels for International students: “Prima” and ”Reznas” student hotel. There is a well-developed public transportation and it takes about 20 minutes to reach the city centre, main building of the University of Latvia as well as the Old Town.
The minimum length of stay for long term is two months and the Tenant is obligated to pay the rent for first 2 months in order to book the room.
"PRIMA" MAZĀ LUBĀNAS IELA 6, Riga, LV-1019
"Prima” student hotel is located in a 9 floor building. The price depends on the number of beds and tenants living in the room. All over the rooms are combined by 2 with shared WC and shower. Namely, WC and shower are shared by 3 tenants on 6th-8th floor or by 5 tenants on 2nd-5th floor.
“Reznas” MAZĀ LUBĀNAS IELA 11, Riga, LV-1019
NB! only for exchange students
“Reznas” student hotel is located in a 5 floor building. Rooms are shared with one other tenant. Two shared WC’s, showers and a kitchen available on each floor.
How to get there?
Take the trolleybus No. 15 (runs every 5 minutes in working days; every 10 minutes on weekends and holidays). Trolleybus stop is located next to the main building of the University of Latvia. Get off at the stop named „Reznas iela” (it’s the 8th stop on route from the University of Latvia).
Riga city public transport routes and timetables at the homepage of SIA "Rīgas satiksme" www.rigassatiksme.lv.
Long term accommodation:
1. International degree and exchange students should proceed with the payment for accommodation only upon the acceptance for studies at the UL.
2. The minimum length of stay for long term accommodation is two months and the Tenant is obligated pay the rent for first 2 months in order to book the room.
3. The room reservation is completed as soon as the payment is transferred to the UL bank account.
4. If there are any changes in the reservation period, send the information to the administrator (see the contact information below).
5. If student cancels the reservation or decides to terminate the contract, the first payment will not be refunded.
6.The Lease contract will be signed upon arrival at the chosen student hotel. It is also highly recommended to present a proof of payment for first two months on the arrival at the student hotel.
Short term accommodation at “Prima” student hotel
1. This option is available only for students are accepted for studies at the University of Latvia
2. The maximum length of stay for short term accommodation is one month.
3. The payment for short term accommodation must be done upon arrival at “Prima” hostel.
4. If there are any changes in the reservation period, send the information to the administrator (see the contact information below) not later than one month before the arrival date.
APPLICATION PERIOD for incoming exchange students
For the incoming exchange students application for student hotels:
- Autumn semester/ full year: April 15 – June 25
- Spring semester: November 15 - December 25
APPLICATION PERIOD for international degree students
International degree students can apply for the student hotel only upon the acceptance for studies at the University of Latvia. For more information please contact International student advisor for degree studies: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION for students of other universities
Students who have applied for studies at other higher education institutions in Latvia may apply only for “Prima” student hostel throughout the year by sending an e-mail to: email@example.com. But please note that University of Latvia exchange and international degree students will have the priority.
- Double room 100 EUR/month per person;
Long term accommodation in “Prima” hostel
- Triple room 100 EUR/month per person;
- Double room (with a bunk bed) 130 EUR/month per person;
- Double room (with 2 single beds) 150 EUR/month per person;
- Single room 270 EUR/month per person;
Short term accommodation in “Prima” hostel for period till maximum of one month
- Single room EUR 15/night 9th floor;
- Double room EUR 10/night 9th floor,;
- Any free place EUR 7/night.
Recipient: Latvijas Universitāte
Name of the bank: Luminor Bank AS
Purpose of payment: ADDRESS OF RESIDENCE HALL, FIRST NAME, LAST NAME, PERSONAL IDENTITY NUMBER OR BIRTH DATE OF THE STUDENT, RENT FOR SEPTEMBER AND SECURITY DEPOSIT.
According to the UL order of 25.02.2008. No. 1/45, the UL residence hall tenants who study at the UL must complete all the payments for residence hall rental, fines for late payment and security deposit by noncash transactions to the University of Latvia account.
The University of Latvia has an official cooperation with real estate agency GlobalHome which has helped with housing students from 30 countries so far. The company will help you find the best place where to live in Riga taking into account best match for location/price/living conditions. Read feedbacks from students here.
If you are interested in renting an apartment and have any questions, please contact with Artūrs Slišāns by e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to facilitate the housing search, it is suggested to send the following information:
1) What is the address of your faculty you will be studying in Riga?
2) What is your rental period expected (dates from/till)?
3) How many bedrooms do you need or what appartment are you looking for (single/2 bedroom/shared etc.)?
4) What is your expected budget (including utilities)?
6) Do you have any other specifics that we should know of (pets / elevator as a must / floor)?
1. Piesakies elektroniski LUIS
No 05.08.2019. līdz 25.08.2019. LU studenti elektroniski piesakās īres tiesību piešķiršanai LU dienesta viesnīcā Latvijas Universitātes Informācijas sistēmā (LUIS). Studentam tiek piedāvātas tās DV, kurās pēc I pieteikšanās kārtas ir palikušas brīvas vietas.
2. Uzzini rezultātus
26.08.2019. LU Infrastruktūras departamenta direktora pilnvarotā persona par īres tiesību piešķiršanu pieņem lēmumu par īres tiesību sadali
3. 26.08.2019. Infrastruktūras departamenta direktora pilnvarotā persona paziņo par īres tiesību piešķiršanu, nosūtot īsziņu uz studenta norādīto kontakttālruni. Pieteikuma statuss būs redzams arī LUIS sadaļā „Dienesta viesnīca”.
4. Samaksā par DV
Studentam, kurš ir saņēmis apstiprinājumu par īres tiesību piešķiršanu, līdz 29.08.2019. jāsamaksā septembra īres maksa un drošības nauda (1 mēneša īres maksas apmērā) bezskaidras naudas norēķinu veidā Latvijas Universitātes kontā.
Rekvizīti dienesta viesnīcas īres maksas pārskaitīšanai:
Saņēmējs: Latvijas Universitāte
PVN reğ. Nr.90000076669
Konta Nr. (IBAN): LV51NDEA0000082414423
Saņēmēja iestāde: Luminor Bank AS
Maksājuma mērķis: DIENESTA VIESNĪCAS ADRESE, studenta VĀRDS, UZVĀRDS, PERSONAS KODS. ĪRES MAKSA PAR SEPTEMBRA MĒNESI UN DROŠĪBAS NAUDA
5. Noslēdz īres līgumu
No 29.08.2019. - 03.09.2019. ierodies viesnīcā, noslēdz īres līgumu ar DV vadītāju, uzrādot personu apliecinošu dokumentu un maksājuma uzdevumu, kas apliecina īres maksas un drošības naudas apmaksu.
Dienesta viesnīcu vadītāju pieņemšanas laiks 9.00 - 16.00.