There cannot be too much knowledge!
If you have completed secondary education and wish to master a subjects that are of interest
and/or necessary, the UL offers an opportunity to attend study courses at the UL as an
attendee, pass the examinations, receive assessment and a certificate endorsed by the UL
confirming successful completion of the courses.
- Look through the study courses offered at the UL. It can be done in Course Catalogue
or Student Services at Raiņa bulvāris 19, room 125.
- Find out, if the course is read in the respective semester by looking through lecture
lists or inquiring at the faculty providing the course you would like to attend, or at
- Registration opens on the first day of every semester and closes after the third lecture
of the respective course (Academic calendar).
- If you have all the required information, you can find the registration form for the UL
students here and print it, while if you are a student of another university, print the
registration form available here and fill it in.
- If you require assistance in filling the form or selecting the courses, come to Student
Services, Raiņa bulvāris 19, room 125, or call (+371) 67034444.
- Take the completed registration form to the faculty offering the selected courses and
receive the approval of dean and/or study programme director.
- Submit the approved registration form at Student Services and conclude agreement
with the UL about course attendance.
- Within 5 working days of signing the agreement you must make a bank transfer of
study fee (UL bank details).
- You will receive access to the UL Library resources and computer classes.
This order is stipulated in UL Order regarding the attendee status at the UL.
Attendee courses are a paid service.
Courses are a paid service, and it is stipulated by the UL order on the pricing of paid services
of study process. The price depends on the amount of credit points allocated to each course.
The amount of credit points is determined by the size of study course, most frequently a
single course per semester has 2, 4 or 6 credit points. The principles of credit point calculation
are set down in the University of Latvia Study Programme Regulation.
Address: Raiņa bulvāris 19, room 125
Tel.: (+371) 67034444