The University of Latvia sports life is organized by the UL Sports Centre (SC), highly appreciating the importance of sports in personal growth of students.
The University of Latvia Sports Centre offers:
- The UL SC offers up to 40 different sports activities in 11 disciplines like basketball, wrestling, fitness, floorball, football, table tennis, kendo, athletics trainings, volleyball, skiing and frisbee.
- Everyone can choose the most suitable sports activity by the level of intensity and one’s individual interests.
- Trainings are provided by professional trainers.
At the University of Latvia, you can enjoy the taste of competition:
- Take part in night tournaments of floorball, volleyball and basketball, and participate in sports nights organized by the UL.
- Besides participating in sport activities yourself, you can also attend the tournaments and support the sports teams of the UL and enjoy exciting fan contests.
University of Latvia - opportunity to create dual career:
The University of Latvia is one of the few universities in the Baltics offering high-level athletes the opportunity to combine obtaining higher education with career in sports. The athletes of the University of Latvia can benefit from the Sports Centre’s offer to enrol in several professional sports teams:
- Basketball team “University of Latvia”;
- Football team “FS Metta/University of Latvia;
- Floorball team “University of Latvia/FS Masters”;
- University of Latvia Women’s Volleyball Team.
The best students of the University of Latvia who are also professional athletes have the opportunity to receive tuition fee discounts, scholarships, as well as to participate in high-level sports competitions:
- Latvian Universiade
- Word Universiade
- SELL Games
- Latvian Championships
- European Championships