- European Studies Master Programme students meet Stanford University students 26.04.2013
On April 24, 2013, European Studies Master Programme students met with students from Stanford University in Berlin who have come to study visit in Riga, Latvia. The group of 40 Stanford University students was led by Professor Dr. Uli Bueckner and Professor Dr. Karen Kramer.
- Presentation of book „European Integration and Baltic Sea Studies: University-Business Partnership through the Triple Helix Approach” 25.02.2013
On February 20, 2013, in the framework of University`s of Latvia Doctoral School "European Integration and Baltic Sea Region Studies (EIBSRS)" colloquia a presentation took place of the second volume „European Integration and Baltic Sea Studies: University-Business Partnership through the Triple Helix Approach” (Muravska, T., Prause, G. (ed.) 2012) of the Conference`s „European Integration and Baltic Sea Region: Diversity and Perspectives” proceedings.
- News from ECSA World 02.02.2013
ECSA was founded in 1987 by the European integration studies Associations from member countries.
- Roundtable Debate on Latvia and EU - Eastern Partnership: Focus on Armenia + Video 25.01.2013
On January 23 Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence at the University of Latvia in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Latvia and the Embassy of the Republic of Armenia in the Republic of Latvia organized a Roundtable Debate „Latvia and EU Eastern Partnership Cooperation: Focus on Armenia”.
- A Conference on cross-border labour mobility in the Central Baltic region will take a place in Riga, Latvia on 19 March 2013 23.01.2013
The Central Baltic region is home to some 10 million people. Cross-border labour market mobility within the region has allowed more efficient matching of employees’ skills with employment opportunities. However, it has also aggravated the internal labour market situation in Estonia and Latvia, but at the same time labour market mobility has also offered possibilities for individual employees and facilitated general up-skilling of their qualifications. In the upcoming years a labour shortage is expected in quite some sectors across the region. CB Job Ferry project aimed to increase cross-border mobility in all the countries of the region by mapping potentially demanded professions and providing detailed information for job seekers.
- European Studies Master's Programme students report on EU-Canada Study Tour and Internship Programme 2012 - "Thinking Canada" 08.01.2013
European Studies Masters Programme students Aleksandrs Dahs and Javier Jimenez Mendoza took part in EU-Canada Study Tour and Internship Programme 2012 - "Thinking Canada".
- Representatives of the University of Latvia gain experience in the field of integration of unemployed people 04.01.2013
At the end of the last year representatives of the Centre for European and Transition Studies at the University of Latvia took part in “Labour Plus” project activities which were held in Marburg, Germany. During the seminar such issues as activities of partner countries to promote inclusion and integration of vulnerable groups into the labour market were discussed.