International Conference "European Integration and Baltic Sea Region: Diversity and Perspectives - 2015" (Dedicated to the Latvian Presidency of the Council of the European Union)
June 11-13, 2015
- Doctoral School “European Integration and Baltic Sea Region Studies (EIBSRS)”
- Doctoral School “Political, Social and Economic Process Analysis in Post-soviet Area”
- Doctoral School “Current Issues of Theology and Religious Studies”
- Doctoral School “Insuring International Competitiveness of National Economy”
- Doctoral School “Lettonica and Intercultural Studies”
- Baltic Sea Region University Network
- Latvian European Community Studies Association (LECSA)
- State Research Program EKOSOC-LV
This conference is a continuation of research activities initiated in 2011 by the Doctoral School “European Integration and Baltic Sea Region Studies (EIBSRS)”. Many regions and countries in the world are affected by a changing geo-political agenda with an impact on societies, education and research. The Conference is designed to facilitate further trans- disciplinary research on topics related to the assessment of complex and interrelated processes of legal, cultural and socio-economic integration in Europe and the Baltic Sea Region. The Conference aims at bringing together participants from different fields of social sciences and humanities such as: economics, management science, law, political science, sociology, regional, social sciences and humanities. The Conference should provide opportunities for deeper international cooperation in the area of education and research and inspire young researchers to join research groups and networks. Young researchers will receive an award for the best doctoral paper presentation.
Conference papers will undergo double-blind review and will be published in the Conference Proceedings or recommended for publication in several research journals. Conference organisers co-operate with editorial boards of several research journals where the recommended papers can be published: Journal of Economic and Management Research, International Journal of Trade and Global Markets (Gale), International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies (Scopus, Gale), Journal for Labour and Social Affairs in Eastern Europe, Applied Economics: Systematic Research (EBSCO), Management of Organizations: Systematic Research (EBSCO), Religious Philosophical Articles (SCOPUS), Journal of Teachers Education and Sustainability (SCOPUS).
- Inna Šteinbuka, Head of the European Commission Representation in the Republic of Latvia