The international conference “The Church and Totalitarian Regime: Secularisation and Strategies of Survival”The international conference “The Church and Totalitarian Regime: Secularisation and Strategies of Survival”Solveiga Krūmiņa-Koņkova
It is a pleasure to invite you to take part in the international scientific conference “The Church and Totalitarian Regime: Secularization and Strategies of Survival” that will be held in Riga, 27-28 October 2016, in the Centre of Humanities and Social Sciences of the University of Latvia (Kalpaka boulevard 4).
University of Latvia rises by 50 places in the prestigious QS World University RankingsUL Media and Marketing Centre
This year, University of Latvia (UL) has risen by 50 places in one of the world’s most prestigious rankings of higher education institutions – QS World University Rankings, and now occupies 651th–700th place, according to the data released September 6. In 2015, UL was ranked 701th–800th. UL is the first and, so far, the only higher education institution in Latvia to be included in the ranking of this level, and the significantly improved position clearly shows that UL firmly stands among the world’s top 5% of universities.
Exhibition of students’ posters “Music” at the Library at Kalpaka BoulevardUL Library
“Music”, an exhibition of works by 3rd year graphic design students of the professional Bachelor study programme “Art”. The Faculty of Pedagogy, Psychology and Art of the University of Latvia, will be opened for public viewing at the Library at Kalpaka Boulevard 4 from August 17th until November 15th, 2016.
The 11th International Conference „Literature and Religion”Ieva Kalniņa
The Department of Latvian and Baltic Studies of Faculty of Humanities welcomes applications for the 11th international scientific conference at University of Latvia 2-3 December 2016.
- The international conference “The Church and Totalitarian Regime: Secularisation and Strategies of Survival” 19.10.2016
- A book on EU law will be opened with a lecture form a judge at the Court of Justice of the European Union 29.09.2016
- Economics and management students and teacher mobility between University of Latvia and University of Agder 23.09.2016
- Sign up for a new challenge Start-up Camp Riga-Cambridge until 27 September 19.09.2016
- BALTIC SPACE COAST project selected for step 2 of Interreg Baltic Sea Region Program 19.09.2016
- University of Latvia rises by 50 places in the prestigious QS World University Rankings 07.09.2016
- The University of Latvia announces postdoctoral competition 01.09.2016