Activating the Scientist’s Gene in StudentsAnete Enikova, "Alma Mater"
It is possible that Latvia will reach its Nokia or Skype success story very soon. It is possible that the University of Latvia is not far away from discovering the cure for cancer or the true impact that humans have on nature. In order to activate in the young minds the scientist’s gene that urges to reason, study and search without interruption, the Student Council of the University of Latvia (UL SC) has already for several years carried out cycles of activities to maintain the scientific spirit. The UL SC does that both by offering practical support within the UL SC Project contest and by regularly organizing Scientists’ Fight Club, an informal UL forum for the exchange of scientific thoughts.
Exchange of experience working with foreign affairs at the University of LatviaGundega Preisa, "Alma Mater"
In the autumn of 2015, the UL International Relations Department was joined by Veronika Lacinová, senior year student of the Master’s program International Territorial Studies at the Silesian University in Opava (OSU) in the Czech Republic. She arrived at the UL as a participant of the Erasmus+ Traineeships programme and assisted the Department in work with exchange students.
The 3rd International Symposium on Language for International CommunicationLauma Lapa
The 3rd International Symposium on Language for International Communication will be held in Riga on May 26 - 27, 2016.
Photo Gallery: International Exchange Students
New issue of University of Latvia’s magazine "Alma Mater" (Winter 2015)UL Press centre
Matteo Frey from Switzerland: Mingling with People is my Hobby
Matteo Frey is an ERASMUS exchange student from Switzerland. He participates in various activities outside his studies and wishes to take every opportunity offered in Riga and Latvia.
- International Scientific Conference “Local Meanings in Language” (extended deadlines) 03.02.2016
- “Diagnoze – kino”: Latvian Classics with English Subtitles 03.02.2016
- Activating the Scientist’s Gene in Students 27.01.2016
- Sports Schedule Spring 2016 27.01.2016
- A "Fulbright" guest professor will teach courses on media law and ethics 25.01.2016
- Exchange of experience working with foreign affairs at the University of Latvia 22.01.2016
- Legal experts will discuss the interaction of law in foreign investments 21.01.2016