Major representatives of European Legal Thought will gather at the University of LatviaMadara Marija Ose, PR Officer of the Faculty of Law
Every two years the Faculty of Law of the University of Latvia (UL) organizes a scientific event, which is significant not only in the Latvia, but also in the context of the Baltic region and even Eastern Europe. VI International Scientific Conference of UL Faculty of Law “Constitutional Values in Contemporary Legal Space” will be held on November 16-17, 2016, gathering outstanding representatives of legal thought and science from numerous European Union member states, partner institutions and organizations of the University of Latvia.
University of Latvia rises by 50 places in the prestigious QS World University RankingsUL Media and Marketing Centre
This year, University of Latvia (UL) has risen by 50 places in one of the world’s most prestigious rankings of higher education institutions – QS World University Rankings, and now occupies 651th–700th place, according to the data released September 6. In 2015, UL was ranked 701th–800th. UL is the first and, so far, the only higher education institution in Latvia to be included in the ranking of this level, and the significantly improved position clearly shows that UL firmly stands among the world’s top 5% of universities.
Exhibition of students’ posters “Music” at the Library at Kalpaka BoulevardUL Library
“Music”, an exhibition of works by 3rd year graphic design students of the professional Bachelor study programme “Art”. The Faculty of Pedagogy, Psychology and Art of the University of Latvia, will be opened for public viewing at the Library at Kalpaka Boulevard 4 from August 17th until November 15th, 2016.
The 11th International Conference „Literature and Religion”Ieva Kalniņa
The Department of Latvian and Baltic Studies of Faculty of Humanities welcomes applications for the 11th international scientific conference at University of Latvia 2-3 December 2016.
- Major representatives of European Legal Thought will gather at the University of Latvia 24.10.2016
- A book on EU law will be opened with a lecture form a judge at the Court of Justice of the European Union 29.09.2016
- Economics and management students and teacher mobility between University of Latvia and University of Agder 23.09.2016
- Sign up for a new challenge Start-up Camp Riga-Cambridge until 27 September 19.09.2016
- BALTIC SPACE COAST project selected for step 2 of Interreg Baltic Sea Region Program 19.09.2016
- University of Latvia rises by 50 places in the prestigious QS World University Rankings 07.09.2016
- The University of Latvia announces postdoctoral competition 01.09.2016