11th International Symposium of Cognition, Logic and CommunicationUL Press centre
UL young scientists’ idea for sapropel glue manufacturing gains international recognitionUL Press centre
A team of young scientists of the University of Latvia (UL) has successfully participated in the international innovation platform “LAUNCH Nordic” with their idea of manufacturing sapropel-based glue – SaproGlue. Their idea was in the top ten of the most highly evaluated ideas. In total, there were 100 applications from 35 countries, and the UL team were the only representatives from the Baltic States.
The strengths of the University of Latvia - interdisciplinary cooperation and classical heritageLaura Ardava, UL rector’s press secretary
Rector Indrikis Muiznieks has invited Professor Andrejs Erglis to take the chair of the University Strategy Council, whose vision is characterized by a belief in the sustainability of the UL and the dynamism of thought. The newly established Strategy Council is an advisory body to the rector as well as an instrument aimed at strengthening the internal democracy of the UL; the members will be pro-rectors, social partners of the UL and leaders of academic thought, contributing positively to thoroughly reasoned decision-making.
Conference “Innovative Materials for the Development of the Baltic Region National Economy”UL Press centre
On 16th of December at University of Latvia Academic Centre of Natural Science will be held conference “Innovative Materials for the Development of the Baltic Region National Economy”. The aim of the conference is to identify cooperation possibilities between Latvian scientists and business representatives and foreign scientists in terms of development and improvement of new materials.
University of Latvia makes Top 800 in Times Higher Education World University RankingsUL Press centre
The University of Latvia (LU) is the first and only Latvian state university to be included in The Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2015-2016, ranked 601st-800th. The THE Ranking examines the world’s best universities and evaluates their performance regarding research, teaching, knowledge transfer and international outlook.
Matteo Frey from Switzerland: Mingling with People is my Hobby
Matteo Frey is an ERASMUS exchange student from Switzerland. He participates in various activities outside his studies and wishes to take every opportunity offered in Riga and Latvia.
- 11th International Symposium of Cognition, Logic and Communication 26.11.2015
- UL young scientists’ idea for sapropel glue manufacturing gains international recognition 24.11.2015
- "The Earth in Satellite Images" exhibition will open on November 30 23.11.2015
- Public lecture and experts’ discussion about the EU current agenda by Inna Šteinbuka 23.11.2015
- The strengths of the University of Latvia - interdisciplinary cooperation and classical heritage 17.11.2015
- Conference “Innovative Materials for the Development of the Baltic Region National Economy” 17.11.2015
- Video: Panel discussion "Has Science Buried God?" 16.11.2015