Sign up for a new challenge Start-up Camp Riga-Cambridge until 27 SeptemberEvija Ansonska
The second Start-up Camp Riga-Cambridge will take place from September 28 to November 12. Cross-disciplinary students from all universities are invited to develop their business ideas with experienced lectors and entrepreneurs from Latvian and Cambridge universities. Authors of the most successful ideas will have the opportunity to participate in the second part of the Camp in Cambridge (UK) during January 2017.
University of Latvia rises by 50 places in the prestigious QS World University RankingsUL Media and Marketing Centre
This year, University of Latvia (UL) has risen by 50 places in one of the world’s most prestigious rankings of higher education institutions – QS World University Rankings, and now occupies 651th–700th place, according to the data released September 6. In 2015, UL was ranked 701th–800th. UL is the first and, so far, the only higher education institution in Latvia to be included in the ranking of this level, and the significantly improved position clearly shows that UL firmly stands among the world’s top 5% of universities.
Exhibition of students’ posters “Music” at the Library at Kalpaka BoulevardUL Library
“Music”, an exhibition of works by 3rd year graphic design students of the professional Bachelor study programme “Art”. The Faculty of Pedagogy, Psychology and Art of the University of Latvia, will be opened for public viewing at the Library at Kalpaka Boulevard 4 from August 17th until November 15th, 2016.
The premiere of short documentaries produced in Riga Summer School 2016 will be held tomorrowLaura Ardava
Riga Summer School 2016 organized by University of Latvia, Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Communication Studies is ongoing for the second week. This year seventeen students from China, Nepal, Germany, Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland, Lithuania, Turkey, Kazakhstan, and Latvia are working together on short documentary films. The director of Riga Summer School is Kaspars Rūklis. This year’s topic of the summer school is "Living Together with Difficult Memories and Diverse Identities" or “LIVINGMEMORIES” due to the summer school’s cooperation with identically titled international social science and humanities research project.
The 11th International Conference „Literature and Religion”Ieva Kalniņa
The Department of Latvian and Baltic Studies of Faculty of Humanities welcomes applications for the 11th international scientific conference at University of Latvia 2-3 December 2016.
- A book on EU law will be opened with a lecture form a judge at the Court of Justice of the European Union 29.09.2016
- Economics and management students and teacher mobility between University of Latvia and University of Agder 23.09.2016
- Sign up for a new challenge Start-up Camp Riga-Cambridge until 27 September 19.09.2016
- BALTIC SPACE COAST project selected for step 2 of Interreg Baltic Sea Region Program 19.09.2016
- University of Latvia rises by 50 places in the prestigious QS World University Rankings 07.09.2016
- The University of Latvia announces postdoctoral competition 01.09.2016
- Japanese language course Autumn semester 2016 23.08.2016