International Economics and Commercial Diplomacy
International Economics and Commercial Diplomacy is a unique multidisciplinary study programme which not only aims to provide students with extensive knowledge regarding international economics and business but also regarding legislation, politics and foreign languages. The study programme develops the necessary teamwork and presentation skills, capacity to understand and analyse macroeconomic and microeconomic tendencies, as well as practical skills in coordinating work among various institutions and managing organizations. Studies are in English.
- 1st year – start-up, mathematics for economists, political science, international organizations and economics globalization, population and development, microeconomics, integrated marketing communications, etc.;
- 2nd year – macroeconomics, theory of management, international economics, econometrics, international law, French, etc.;
- 3rd year – theory of accounting, economic anthropology, private international law, introduction to international politics, economy of the Baltic states, comparative analysis of world’s regions, etc.;
- 4th year – commercial diplomacy, international political economy, international capital flow, international monetary economics, international trade models, internship/practicum, bachelor thesis.
During the studies, academic knowledge is supplemented with practical knowledge via practicums and internships. During practicums and internships students are able to utilize their theoretical knowledge in real-life situations, thus gaining invaluable experience. Students obtain this experience in both private and government institutions such as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Investment and Development Agency of Latvia.
Students can take part in practicums and internships both in Latvia and abroad via Erasmus+ exchange programme.
Graduates have the necessary skills to work in a variety of positions in Latvian and EU institutions, international organizations, and businesses. Many known graduates are currently working at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Economics, the Investment and Development Agency of Latvia and other government institutions.
Other graduates choose to start businesses themselves or to work in the private sector. Graduates are eligible to study in master’s programmes both in Latvia and abroad.
4 years – studies during working days.
EU/EEA/Swiss citizens, permanent residence permit holders and their family members full-time studies – 2800 € per year. Other country citizens – 3080 € per year.
Bachelor of Social Sciences in International Economics
Konkursa kritēriji personām, kuras ieguvušas vidējo izglītību sākot no 2004. gada:
CE angļu valodā
CE latviešu valodā
* Personām, kuras ieguvušas vidējo izglītību līdz 2008. gadam, centralizētais eksāmens matemātikā var tikt aizstāts ar vidējās izglītības dokumenta gada atzīmi matemātikā (vai vidējo atzīmi algebrā un ģeometrijā)
Konkursa kritēriji personām, kuras ieguvušas vidējo izglītību līdz 2004. gadam (neieskaitot), kā arī personām, kuras ieguvušas vidējo izglītību ārvalstīs vai personām ar īpašām vajadzībām:
gada atzīme matemātikā (vai vidējā atzīme algebrā un ģeometrijā)
gada atzīme angļu valodā
gada vidējā atzīme noteiktos mācību priekšmetos