Vislielākais burtu izmērs
Lielāks burtu izmērs
Burtu standarta izmērs
For citizens of EU, European Economic Area States and the Swiss Confederation
Last Update

A registration certificate is not necessary if the Exchange student who is a citizen of the European Union, European Economic Area States or the Swiss Confederation has a valid travel document and is planning to stay in the Republic of Latvia not longer than 12 months.

Students who will receive a scholarship from the University of Latvia are required to register in the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs and apply for the registration certificate.

A student has to apply for the registration certificate in person (by presenting valid travel document) in the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs in Riga and submit the following documents:

  • registration certificate application form ;
  • copy of the passport or ID card*;
  • 1 photo;
  • confirmation issued by the host university, that the student is an exchange student of the university;
  • copy of a valid health insurance - E111 or European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) (an original must be presented)  

A citizen of EU has to receive the registration certificate personally.

On receiving the registration certificate in Foreign Service Centre of Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs student will have to present the life and health insurance which is valid in Latvia.

*Passport or ID card should be valid at least 3 months after departing from Latvia

Other useful information: