|Faculty||Faculty of Business, Management and Economics|
|Credit points, number of lectures||
|E-courses||ValoP083: German for Accountancy I|
|Course annotation||The objective of the course is to improve students’ reading, listening, speaking and writing skills on the professional vocabulary basis, to master the composition of theses, summaries and reviews in German, as well as to expand students’ knowledge of vocabulary and grammar in academic context. Special attention is drawn to functional text translation skills (terminology and syntax/sentence formation). The course contributes to vocabulary development in the specific field so that students can develop reading skills as well as gain oral and written presentation experience.
During the course, students will be acquainted with the key topics of the professional field in German. They will work with theoretical literature, searching for important information and systematizing it. The main emphasis of the course is on the improvement of receptive skills using productive skills as a means of testing. During the following course will be developed and consolidated.
|Results||After successful completion of the course, according to the requirements of Common European Framework (B2 level) students should be able to:
- understand oral information within the professional topics discussed (listening comprehension).
- be competent to select the necessary German publications, read them and understand information (reading comprehension).
- orally expound on the professional text, give a report about the results of one’s individual work, speak about professional topics discussed (speaking skills).
- write theses, summaries and text reviews in German using professional terminolgy (writing skills).
|Course plan||No.TopicPlanned amount in hours
1. Requirements. Introduction to accounting terminology.P2
2. Accounting Regulations.P2
3. Accounting aims and functions.P2
4. Financial means and resources.P4
5. Proper accounting rules.P4
6. Report on an individually prepared text. Test.P2
7. Accounting records and evidence.P2
8. Accounts and bookings.P2
9. Account books. E-Bookkeeping.P4
10. Balance sheet.P6
11. Report on an individually prepared text. Test.P2
|Requirements for obtaining credit points||1. Preparing 2 individually chosen professional texts (total of 20 pages) - 40%
2.2 written tests - 40%
3.Final examination: oral presentation of a professional topics discussed in classes - 20%
|Study programmes||Accounting, Analysis and Audit|