|Faculty||Faculty of Humanities|
|Credit points, number of lectures||
|E-courses||Valo4101: Turkish VI|
This course, which builds on the work done in upper intermediate Turkish I, seeks to improve students’ proficiency in all for language skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing). Particular emphasis on improving reading skills for learners who possess speaking competence in Turkish. Provides upper-intermediate exercises on divers topics. Focuses on stylistic variations used in spoken and written Turkish. The course will include comprehensive reading passeges on Turkish theatre, cinema, dance and music. Some Turkish terms, proverbs and poems will also be intruduced in this course. Students will continue developing upper- intermediate level (B1) of listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
|Course responsible lecturer||Jānis Priede|
|Results||By the end of the course students will be able to
•be expected to handle successfully most uncomplicated communicative tasks and social situations, and initiate, sustain, and close a general conversation with a number of strategies appropriate to range of circumstances and topic, with an emerging evidence of connected discourse in simple narration and/or description.
•discuss various aspects and issues related to Turkey and Turkish culture.
•perform at level B1 of the Common European Framework.
1. The World of Movie; Gerund –Dİk/ -(y)EcEk + possessive suffix + -(n)dE affirmative (+), negative(-), question (?), negative question (-?);
2. Oscar, writing composition on ‘Award speech’ Gerund -(y)-İncE, -(E/İ)r…-mez affirmative (+), negative(-), question (?),negative question (-?);
3. The young face of Golden Orange Festival, Gerund -(y)-EnE/ -(y)İncE kadar/dek. affirmative (+), negative(-), question (?),negative question (-?);
4. Review of Unit 9 and workbook studies;
5. Mythology and superstition. Indirect speech;
6. The secret of Anotalia, . Indirect speech(copular sentence);
7. Discussion about Titanic, alternative medicine and the mysterious powers of the stones, İndirect speech (mood);
8. Review of Unit 10 and workbook studies;
9. Discussion on how people celebrate their feast from past until now. Gerund;
10. Time for Carnaval, Causality (because of, due to);
11. The most important day for Mothers, Nominalisation;
12. Review of Unit 11 and workbook studies;
13. Cultural homogeneity, human characters, Gerund;
14. Type of Street interviews, Gerund – despite / while;
15. Our life and our standart,Opposition – despite / while ;
16. Review of Unit 12, student’s presentations;
|Requirements for obtaining credit points||Assignements (10%)
Exam (oral and written) at the end of the course.(50%)
|Study programmes||Asian Studies|