|Faculty||Faculty of Humanities|
|Credit points, number of lectures||
|E-courses||Valo2368: Turkish IV|
|Course annotation||This course is designed to provide complete mastery of the complex aspect of Turkish sentences stucture for those who have had previous exposure to them. Particular emphasis on improving reading skills for learners who possess speaking competence in Turkish. Students will continue developing intermediate level (A2) of listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.|
|Course responsible lecturer||Jānis Priede|
|Results||By the end of the course students will be able to
•feel more confident in being able express themselves in Turkish in variety of topics, ways and context.
•understand the main points of clear, standard speech on familiar matters.
•intervene in a conversation if it deals with familiar topics.
•express, in brief oral exchanges, an opinion or ambition and to give short explanations for these; explain, briefly, a succession of events or to give information of an event.
•write simple, connected texts on familiar topics or topics of personal interest.
•learn the Simple Present Tense and be able to use it adequately.
1. Bussines World, the necessitative suffix “-mElI”6(L)+2(S)
2. Meeting preparation, Curriculum Vitae (CV), necessities 6(L)+2(S)
3. Secrets of success in the Business World, obligatories,occupations6(L)+2(S)
4. Review of Unit 1 and workbook studies6(L)+2(S)
5. Types of sports, The repicrocal prounouns in all cases 6(L)+2(S)
6. Health and sports , The reflexive verb ”-(I)n”. 6(L)+2(S)
7. History of the olympics, the repicrocal verb ”-(I)ş” 6(L)+2(S)
8. Review of Unit 2 and workbook studies 6(L)+2(S)
9. Dreams,wishes, the simple conditional(-sE), 6(L)+2(S)
10. How could achieve our dreams? Optative 6(L)+2(S)
11. Fairy tales ,conditional past (-sEyDI) 6(L)+2(S)
12. Review of Unit 3 and workbook studies6(L)+2(S)
13. Fashion, The present perfect continuous6(L)+2(S)
14. Traditional costumes and culture6(L)+2(S)
15. Shopping,trends, brands6(L)+2(P)
16. Review of Unit 4, student’s presentations6(L)+2(S)
|Requirements for obtaining credit points||Attendance and participation in classes.
Regular homework (10%)
Verbal Presentation (20%)
Final examination (oral and written) (50%)
|Study programmes||Asian Studies|