|Faculty||Faculty of Humanities|
|Credit points, number of lectures||
|Course annotation||The term paper as a form of academic and research work is an integral part of the study process that develops and proves students’ progress in acquiring academic skills and mastering the study material. The work on the term paper is based on the research of the relevant scholarly and supplementary writings in orientalistics, the collection and analysis of the material in a scholarly paper according to the formal academic standards, as well as the presentation of this paper in a viva.
|Results||1. Skills in using scholarly data bases and other academic sources.
2. Skills in evaluating the sources in the field of orientalistics and using the sources in the original.
3. Skills of systematizing the relevant factual material in the field of orientalistics and formulating the most important conclusions using academic style and vocabulary.
4. Skills of working out and defending a paper which corresponds to the content and form requirements of a research paper.
|Course plan||1. Selection and study of the relevant scholarly and supplementary literature, the analysis and systematization of findings.
2.Formulation of a topical research problem.
3. Writing the paper.
4. Formulation of the conclusion and writing the abstract.
5. Public presentation of the paper.
|Requirements for obtaining credit points||1. Achieving the goals and objectives of the term paper (50%).
2. Compliance of the paper with the content and form requirements of a research paper (25%).
3. Successful public presentation of the paper (25%).
|Study programmes||Asian Studies|