|Faculty||Faculty of Humanities|
|Credit points, number of lectures||
The aim of the course is to gain knowledge of the English language applied in Asian studies.
The goals of the course are:
1) to get acquainted with the English language as it is used in the academic studies of ethnology, anthropology, linguistics, literature and history of India;
2) to deepen learners’ understanding of the specific peculiarities underlying spoken and written communication in academic discourse related to Asian studies;
3) to develop learners’ linguistic communicative competence applied in spoken and written communication in English.
|Results||Having completed the course successfully, students will be able to display:
The academic competences:
1. Understanding of the English language application in professional area related to Asian studies has been deepened;
2. Theoretical and practical knowledge of research methods and their use in studying the area of Asian culture, history and geography have been gained.
students’ communicative competence for successful spoken and written communication in academic and business contexts
The professional competences:
1. Understanding of the specifics of spoken and written communication in English related to Asian studies has been broadened;
2. Students’ communicative competence for successful spoken and written communication in academic and business contexts
related to India's culture, history, geography have been developed;
3. They will broaden their sense of basic principles underlying linguistic communicative competence to be displayed in professional communication.
4. Students will be able to develop and deliver conference presentations.
|Requirements for obtaining credit points||
To be awarded with the required credit points, students are obliged to do all tasks planned.
The final mark acquired represents the study results gained at seminars: presentations at seminars (30%), written assignments (30%), results gained in 2 tests (30%), and results gained in final examination (written): 10%.
|Study programmes||Asian Studies|