|Faculty||Faculty of Humanities|
|Credit points, number of lectures||
The goal of the course is to develop students’ communicative competence for successful spoken and written communication in academic and business contexts. During spoken communication students will acquire fluency and accuracy in expressing their opinion during the discussions and presentations on education and contemporary job market. During written communication, students will acquire the composition strategies of academic and business macrotexts, their structure, coherence and the choice of cohesive devices depending on the communicative goal of the text. The students will acquire the correction skills of their own and peer composed texts.
I. Students will acquire the following academic competences:
1. Theoretical knowledge on structuring of discussions in diverse communicative situations;
2. Theoretical knowledge on the structuring and delivering of conference presentations;
3. The knowledge on academic and business macrotext building patterns and linking strategies in relation to the communicative purpose of these texts.
II. Professional kompetences:
1. Students will acquire the necessary skills for discussions on diverse topics in various communicative situations;
2. Students will be able to develop and deliver conference presentations;
3. Students will be able to compose coherent and cohesive texts according to the communicative goals of particular academic and business texts.
|Requirements for obtaining credit points||To be awarded with the required credit points, students are obliged to do all tasks planned.
The final mark acquired represents the study results gained at seminars: presentations at seminars (30%), written assignments (30%), results gained in 2 tests (30%), and results gained in final examination (written): 10%.
|Study programmes||Asian Studies|