|Faculty||Vice Rector for Studies, Faculty of Humanities|
|Credit points, number of lectures||
|E-courses||Valo1297: Lithuanian Language I|
|Course annotation||The course comprises practical and theoretical grounds of basic Lithuanian, gives an opportunity to analyse texts and to get acquainted with Lithuanian culture. The main tasks are following:
1. to introduce students to phonetics and grammar of Lithuanian, help mastering vocabulary and acquiring basic conversation skills;
2. to prepare students for unassisted reading and translation of Lithuanian texts.
|Results||1) During theoretical lectures and practical classes the basics of Lithuanian grammar are systematized and mastered;
2) During the practical classes Lithuanian colloquial language basics are consolidated, students’ communication opportunities expanded;
3) Skills of independent reading and translation of Lithuanian texts are mastered.
|Course plan||1. Basics of the Lithuanian language orthography and pronunciation.
Conversational topic: Interchange of greetings, farewells. 2 L + 2 P
2. Pronoun. Verb. Indicative mood: present, past, future.
Conversational topic: Getting acquainted. 4 L + 4 P
3. Noun. Declinations from the historical perspective. Grammar test.
Conversational topic: My family. 2 L + 2 P
4. Numeral. Verb. Conditional, imperative mood.
Conversational topic: How old are you? 2 L + 2 P
5. Noun. Genitive and accusative case.
Conversational topic: What am I studying? 2 L + 2 P
6. Fiction. J. Biliūnas “Kliudžiau”.
Conversational topic: Mastering asking questions. 4 P
7. Adjective. Degrees, definite forms.
Preparing for essay writing (My hobby). 2 L + 2 P
8. Noun. Locative forms.
Conversational topic: My residence. 2 L + 2 P
9. Noun and adjective declension differences.
Preparing for essay writing (My family and friends). 2 L + 2 P
10. Preposition. Frequently used adverbs. Conversational topic: How do I feel today? 2 L + 2 P
11. Conjunctions. Meanings of suffixes and prefixes. Conversational topic: A letter of greeting. 2 L + 2 P
12. Review of Lithuanian newspapers and magazines.
Preparing for essay writing (My native country). 6 P
13. Essay presentation. 4 P
14. Grammar course revision. Grammar test. 6 P
|Requirements for obtaining credit points||Course attendance is mandatory. The mark consists of intermediate tests (60%: 3 essays - 20% translated article - 10%, 2 grammar tests - 30%) and the final oral examination (40%).|
Free Elective Courses