|Faculty||Faculty of Humanities|
|Credit points, number of lectures||
|E-courses||Vēst1393: Introduction to Chinese Civilization|
The course introduces basic knowledge on Chinese physical, political, ethnic and linguistic geography, main periods of development of Chinese culture, paradigms of political culture, social structure and traditional thought.
|Course responsible lecturer||Jānis Priede|
Students acquire basic understanding of development of Chinese culture and its fundamental categories.
After the completion of the course students have knowledge of the main periods and paradigms of Chinese culture.
1. Geography of China. L4
2. Political organisation of PRC. L4
3. Study of China and its history. L4
4. Main periods of Chinese political and social-economic history. L8
5. Chinese political culture. L2
6. Chinese philosophy, religion and arts. L8
7. Contemporary Chinese Culture. L2
|Requirements for obtaining credit points||
Regular attendance, no less that 75% of total amount of lectures.
Mid-semestr test, comprising 50% of the final grade.
Final exam - test - comprising 50% of the final grade.
|Study programmes||Asian Studies|