|Faculty||Faculty of Business, Management and Economics|
|Credit points, number of lectures||
|E-courses||2SDS1095: Ethics of Business|
The aim of the course is to introduce students with the ethics problems and methodology; their reflection in the working environment, focusing particularly on the management practices and to provide students with the competence of their solutions. Moreover to provide them with skills necessary for their chosen business field analysis in regard to the social values in Latvia and Global context.
1. To introduce students with the ethical problems in business and their solution experiences in global and Latvian context.
2. To train the skills of analysis of business principles in societal value context.
1. Students obtain knowledge about theories of business ethics;
2. Apprehend the business ethics problems in business in Latvian and Global context, based uponn theorethical knowledge.
3. Students get an insight in solving ethical problems in organizations.
1. are able to actualise theoretical foundations in dialogue creation.
2. Are able to make decisions considering social responsibility;
3. are able to argue and explain the decision from the moral point of view.
1. The object and definition of Business Ethics. Business amorality and morality. Ethical existence. L 2 S 2
2. Main approaches to Ethics and business decisions' analysis opportunities.L2 S2
3. Ethical and unethical leadership. L 2 S 2
4. Ethical organisational culture. Code of ethics. L 2 S 2
5. Ethics and marketing. L2 S2
6. Corporate Social Responsibility. L2 S2
7.Ethics and Finance.L 2 S2
8. Morality and Law. L2 S2
|Requirements for obtaining credit points||
Test (after the 4th theme) – 30%;
Practical work: course project and its presentation during the seminars – 30%;
Written exam – 40%.
Test is evaluated according to the 10 point ranking system. The critical thinking and the ability to work in team are highly valued.
During the seminars the participation in discussions, the validity of the course project and its innovative content are valued.
E-Business and Logistics Management Systems
Insurance and Finance
Accounting, Analysis and Audit