|Faculty||Faculty of Physics, Mathematics and Optometry, Faculty of Education, Psychology and Art|
|Credit points, number of lectures||
|E-courses||Psih1037: Psychology of Communication|
The aim of the course is to introduce students with essence of psychology of communication. It contains analysis of types , functions and structure of communication, and of factors promoting and disturbing process of communication. The contents of the cours are focused towards acquisition of mastery of performance and presentation.
During the seminar the ability to compare and contrast, to make conclusions and to analyse the psychological literature is acquired
1. Understanding of the essence, aims and objectives of psychology.
2. Knowledge of the structure and kinds of communication, factors that enhance and hinder communication, preconditions for effective communication.
3. Knowledge of the kinds of conflicts, reasons which trigger conflicts, possible ways of solving conflicts.
4. A skill to analyze scientific literature, to make conclusions.
1. A skill to link scientifically based conclusions to practice.
2. A skill to present the gathered data.
3. Communication skills.
4. Cooperation skills to work in a group.
|Course plan||1. Essence of psychology of communication, the goal and tasks. Definition of communication, functions of communication. L2
2. Structure of communication. The verbal and nonverbal communications. L2
3. Kinds of the verbal communications. Transfer of the information.
4. Kinds of the communications: monologue, dialogue. Public performance. S2
5. Reflection. Barriers of the communications. Effective communication. S4
6. Styles of the communications. L2
7. Interaction in communication. The professional communication. S2
8. The social perception, its development. L2
9. Role of qualities of the personality in the communications. Styles of behaviour in the communications. S2
10. Essence and functions of pedagogical communication. L2
11. Peculiarities of the communications in various groups. Acceptance of decisions. L2
12. Essence of the leadership. Leadership in group. The teacher as the leader. S2
13. Definition of the conflict and its kinds. Causes of conflicts and its development. S2
14. Kinds of the settlement of conflicts. L2
15. Ethics of the teacher during the communications. S2
|Requirements for obtaining credit points||Satisfactory interim assessment:
1.1 a test - 30%;
1.2 a power point presentation on one topic of psychology of communication (group work) - 20%;
1.3 a written reference on one of topics presented in a seminar - 10%;
1.4 assessment of all other practical tasks – passed;
2. Examination – a check-up – a test - 40%.