|Faculty||Faculty of Education, Psychology and Art|
|Credit points, number of lectures||
|Course annotation||The purpose of this course is to introduce students into the field of a philosophy of the arts problems. The course reveals the essential of philosophy of the arts notions one has to face on the daily basis. The function of art in society human life is addressed to in detail; namely, how one perceives art, and how what influence art exerts on individuals. The aesthetic problems are related to those of art education and art psychology. The function of the aesthetic phenomena in an individual’s general and humanitarian culture is revealed.
|Results||Upon successful completion of the course, students will have an understanding of the essentials of philosophy of the arts, the aesthetic nature of art as well as the function of the aesthetic phenomena in personal development.
In order to complete the course, students must be able to demonstrate:
1. Understanding the essence of philosophy of the arts ;
2. Knowledge of the differences between aesthetic and artistic culture;
3. Scientific research skills in philosophy of the arts and aesthetic education.
4. to use the terminology of philosophy of the arts adequately;
5. independently analyze aesthetic phenomena and philosophy of the arts issues;
6. to conduct scientific research in visually plastic arts.
7. Students demonstrate their independence in their reflection on the issues of aesthetic development and art philosophy to be discussed;
8. Discuss and solve artistic and social problems using the knowledge of philosophy of the arts.
|Course plan||1. The subject of philosophy of the arts. L2
2. The essence and content of philosophy of the arts. L2
3. The role of art in aesthetic education and culture. L2
4. Aesthetic culture, training, education. S2
5. Aesthetic consciousness. Structure of aesthetic consciousness. L4
6. Aesthetic taste. Aesthetic needs. Aesthetic situations. Aesthetic framework. Aesthetic experience. L4
7. Categories philosophy of the arts. Beautiful. Tragic. Comic. L4
8. The function of art. S4
9. Types of art. S4
10. Perception and understanding of art. L2
11. The problem of creativity. L2
L - lecture, S - seminar
|Requirements for obtaining credit points||Midterm exam:
1. A term paper Nr.1. - 15%
2. A term paper Nr.2. - 15%
3. Essay - 20%
Final Exam -
Oral Examination - 50%