|Faculty||Faculty of Education, Psychology and Art|
|Credit points, number of lectures||
|E-courses||MākZ3021: Graphic software IV|
|Course annotation||The aim of the course is to prepare students for creative application of the previously acquired knowledge using the possibilities of the computer software according to their professional needs. When performing respective tasks, students have a possibility to understand the specifics of computer graphic art and typography. Students are bale to solve the tasks creatively and professionally according to the chosen course and the demands of the job market.
Students also acquire knowledge on specific terminology, software, possibilities and requirements of copying technologies as well as are able to act professionally in the field of graphic art and typography.
|Results||In acquiring the course students gain competences in adequate applying the professional terminology and software, in knowing the possibilities and requirements of the copying technologies as well as acquire skills for professional performance in the field of graphic art and typography.|
|Course plan||1. Introduction to practical graphic design. L-2
2. The basic principles of visual perception. L-2
3. Planning of creative process. L-2
4. Brand. Graphic identity and its elements. L-1, P-1
5. Colour. L-1, P-1
6. Typography. L-1, P-1
7. Advertising poster. L-1, P-1
8. Intermediate test. S-2
9. Graphical editors and their specific features. L-2
10. Proportions and grid. L-2
11. Text layout. L-1, P-1
12. Image and text stylistical and rhythmical harmony. L-2
13. Graphics and image in the environment. L-2, P-1
14. Packaging. L-2, P-1
15. Work preparation for multiplication. L-2
|Requirements for obtaining credit points||Participation in lectures – compulsory, participation in seminars – compulsory.
3 interim-tests– two tests (10% each) and one interim exhibition (30%).
Final examination – the term exhibition (50%).