|Faculty||Faculty of Education, Psychology and Art|
|Credit points, number of lectures||
|E-courses||2MAK1221: Branding essentials|
|Course annotation||The aim of branding (branding) is to introduce the essence, task and application of branding. Students get acquainted with heraldry, its history, common and different with branding. At the beginning of the course students are introduced to the basic elements of the brand, their structure and functions, based on the theory and analysis of existing brands. During the course, students learn to apply the acquired knowledge in a style book. Acquisition of the core elements of the brand provides the basis for the student's understanding of the basic principles of visual image construction.
The course is supplemented with branding principles in e-environment: mobile platforms, global web and management blocks. During the course the student develops the visualization of creative interactive project - game, application or interactive task, confirming acquired knowledge and skills.
1. Explains the brand's history, essence and design principles;
2. Explain the compositions, colors and typefaces used
3. Describe the brand's current trends, its relationship with the industry it represents
4. Explains the principles of branding in various media and environments.
5. can create and present the short version of the created style book,
6. Argues the description of the style definition; description and use of the applicable compositions, colors and fonts;
7. Understand the development of business documentation in different style elements, such as advertising, souvenirs, visual communication.
8. is familiar with the use of visual guidelines principles for mobile platforms and e-media.
9. can create and present interactive project - game, application or interactive task, confirming acquired knowledge and skills.
10. is familiar with the branding processes and stages of work;
11. can reasonably evaluate trends of brand development,
12. Understands brand-building principles for different environments;
13. understands the importance of design thinking in brand building.
|Course plan||1. Introduction into branding - blazonry 2L
2. Introduction into branding - its history and usage 2L
3. Brand book manuals plan preparation 2L, 2S
4. Conception of working out the key elements of a brand book 2L, 2S
5. Designing the key elements of a brand book 2L
6. Brand book’s workout – a practical approach 2L, 2S
7. Developing a presentation 2L, 2S
8. Insights e-branding 2L, 2S
9. The mobile platforms visual design guidlines and applications samples 2L
10. Interactive product project 2L, 2S
|Requirements for obtaining credit points||Mid-term assessment:
Every month expositions - 4x15%, together 60%:
Exam – exhibition – 40%