|Faculty||Faculty of Business, Management and Economics|
|Credit points, number of lectures||
|E-courses||2EKOP963: Internal Control|
|Course annotation||Aim of the course - to provide knowledge of the internal control system and its role in organization.
1) To learn theoretical knowledge of the internal control system,
2) Learn to understand and to assess organization’s internal control system.
The language of instruction is Latvian.
|Course responsible lecturer||Ramona Rupeika-Apoga|
|Results||After this course successful mastering, students get:
1) know nature, necessity and importance of the internal control system, its components and requirements of the internal control system in the organization.
2) independently analyze and evaluate the company’s internal control system.
3) to appraise and to develop proposals for organization’s internal control system improvement.
|Course plan||No. Theme Amount in hours
1. Internal control concept and components. L4
2. Internal control in regulatory enactments of the Republic of Latvia. L2
3. Internal control documentation. Flow charts. L2
4. Risk assessment. P2
5. Internal control in purchasing cycle and in inventory cycle. L2
6. Internal control in production cycle and in sales cycle. L2 P2
7. Internal control in financial cycle and in accounting cycle. L2
8. Internal control in personal cycle and the application of information technology. L2
9. Assessment of the organization's internal control system. P12
L - lecture,
P - practical work
|Requirements for obtaining credit points||Interim assessment:
1. Test - 20%,
2. Practical work - 40%,
3. Exam (written) - 40%.
Accounting, Analysis and Audit