|Faculty||Faculty of Business, Management and Economics|
|Credit points, number of lectures||
|E-courses||2EKOP945: Financial Management|
|Course annotation||Aim of the course “Financial Management” is to contribute comprehension about company’s financial system and management.
- to get knowledge about financial management structure, its functions, capital, capital’s price and possibilities to raise the capital it is gained.
- to help to obtain knowledge about financial and capital market, different forms of financing.
The language of instruction is Latvian.
|Course responsible lecturer||Ramona Rupeika-Apoga|
|Results||In this course students will obtain theory about financial management, its role and tasks in the improvement of economical situation. Studies of the course will facilitate studies of other economic courses and will let to investigate more deeply financial situation in entrepreneurship.
After successful completion of the course, students can show the following knowledge:
1. characterize different information sources necessary for making decisions of financial management;
2. methodologically describe process of acquiring financial management;
3. define ans characterise money, capital and capital price;
4. describe efficiency of capital investing, risks and reduction of effects of risks;
5. define and describe securities, financial and money markets.
6. estimate company's financial situation and make improvement suggestions;
7. apply different sources of information for making management decisions and explain their relations;
8. independently applying different methods of analysis, determine factors, influencing financial situation and results of financial performance;
9. analyze and estimate possibilities to obtain capitals necessary for development of entrepreneurship;
10. calculate price of invested capital, work with securites.
11. work out financial plans and budgets in entrepreneurship.
12. integrate into enterprise's system of financial management.
|Course plan||1. Essence of Financial management, content. Financial management as function of management, expression of entrepreneurship. (L2, P 2)
2. Essence of capital, sources of its increasing. Cost of capital. (L4, P2, Lab.2)
3. Property and equipment management. (L2, P2)
4. Current assets management. (L2)
5. Management of investments.(L2, P4)
6. Management of profit. (L2)
7. Financial planning. (L2, P4)
L - lecture, P- workshop,
Lab - laboratory work
|Requirements for obtaining credit points||Attendance of lectures and workshops is mandatory. For completing the course successfully students must submit all practical works, pass 2 midterms and pass the final exam.
1. Test 1: defining the terms of financial management, analysis of capital management decisions in particular situation- 20%
2. Test 2: defining investment terms and making decisions in the context of particular situation- 20%
3. Practical works- 20%
4. exam -
written test with tasks (making financial management decisions in the context of specific situation)- 40%
|Study programmes||Accounting, Analysis and Audit|