|Faculty||Faculty of Business, Management and Economics|
|Credit points, number of lectures||
|E-courses||2EKOP925: Practical Training in Financial Accuonting, Finansial Analysis and Audit|
|Course annotation||The aim of the internship is to consolidate the theoretical knowledge of economics and business acquired during the study process with a thorough understanding of the problematic aspects of internship`s company accounting, analysis or auditing in the context of the field and the ways to solve them.
1. Collect information of the internship company in relation to the chosen Bachelor Thesis.
2. Identify literature and other sources for the theoretical basis of the research.
3. Perform data analysis, formulate internship`s company and industry problems.
4. Develop and defend a project of bachelor's thesis.
Content of the Bachelor Thesis:
1. Describe the topicality of the chosen bachelor thesis.
2. Formulate the aim and tasks of the research.
3. Describe the methods used of the research.
4. Prepare a table of contents.
5. Prepare a list of references and other sources.
6. Prepare bachelor thesis 25% of planned topic.
The language of instruction: Latvian.
|Course responsible lecturer||Ramona Rupeika-Apoga|
|Results||By successfully preparing and defending a thesis of bachelor's project, students will be able to demonstrate
1. Methods of accounting and information processing
2. Methods of analysis of different sources of information and interpretations of results
3. In-depth knowledge of tax policy and audit methodology;
1. Collect and compile different kind sources of information
2. Analyze and evaluate accounting data
3. Apply audit methods
1. Ability to solve problems of accounting, tax policy and audit methodology
2. Ability to analyze and evaluate the company's economic performance in the context of the industry
3. To develop recommendations for business development
|Course plan||Stages of internship:
1. Acquaintance with the legal and economic documentation of the practice company as well as with the information processing technologies used.
2. Coordinate with the supervisor, the research and data analysis methodology shall be chosen.
3. Collects and compiles information on the company's operations in relation to the chosen Bachelor Thesis topic.
4. Identify literature and other sources for the theoretical basis of the research.
5. Perform data analysis and formulate issue of company and industry.
6. Develop and defend a bachelor's thesis project.
|Requirements for obtaining credit points||Prepared and defended a project of Bachelor's thesis in accordance with practice regulations. - 100%
|Study programmes||Accounting, Analysis and Audit|