|Faculty||Faculty of Business, Management and Economics|
|Credit points, number of lectures||
|E-courses||2EKOP972: Practical Training in Financial Analysis|
|Course annotation||The aim of the practice are to strengthen knowledge, develop skills and competencies on financial statements analysis and to evaluate and interpret its results.
1) to introduce the sources of information used in the financial analysis, their structure and regularities;
2) apply different methods of analysis that can be used to assess the financial position and economic performance;
3) analyze and evaluate the company's liquidity, solvency, efficiency of use of funds, use of capital and profitability of economic activity;
4) interpret the results of the analysis in the context of the business sector.
The language of instruction Latvian.
|Course responsible lecturer||Ramona Rupeika-Apoga|
|Results||Successfully defending the practice paper, students are able to demonstrate, based on the work done during the practice:
1. on relationships of financial statements;
2. system of indicators of financial analysis that are responsible for the industry and the specifics of the company
3.Description of the sources of information to be used in the financial analysis, their structure and regularities;
4. to formulate the reasonableness of the chosen analytical methods for assessing the financial position and economic performance;
5. to calculate and evaluate the company's liquidity, solvency, resource efficiency, capital utilization and economic performance indicators;
6. to interpret the results of the analysis in the context of the business industry and predict development trends.
7. is able to select the necessary sources of information;
8. is capable of independently applying various methods of analysis in assessing the financial position and economic performance;
9. is able to interpret the results of analysis in the context of the business industry and to develop proposals for improving the development of economic activity.
|Course plan||The workload of the practice is defined in the practical program approved by the Department of Finance and Accounting:
1. Introduction of the company.
2. Sources of financial analysis information.
3. Analysis of the company's liquidity and solvency
4. Analysis of the company's capital structure and value
5. Analysis of long-term investments
6. Analysis of current assets
7. Cost and profitability analysis
8. Company solvency forecasting
|Requirements for obtaining credit points||Acording programme provided by the Departament of Finance and Accounting students have to write and defend statement of practical training. 100%
|Study programmes||Accounting, Analysis and Audit|