|Faculty||Faculty of Business, Management and Economics|
|Credit points, number of lectures||
|E-courses||2EKO4958: Assessment and Forecasting of Economic Situations|
|Course annotation||Aim of the course - students have acquired knowledge of various methods of quantitative and qualitative assessment and forecasting of economic situations, are able to analyze the situation independently and make forecasts of further development.
1. To acquaint students with the significance of forecasting in the decision-making process, statistical forecasting, expert methods, combined expert-statistical methods.
2. Linear and nonlinear trend models, autoregression and factor models, model selection problems, dynamics correction possibilities and other issues are considered.
3. To independently study the economic situation of the company and to make forecasts of its further development with different approaches.
The language of instruction is Latvian.
|Course responsible lecturer||Andrejs Cekuls|
|Results||Students obtain the following through the course:
1. know about modern methods for evaluation and forecasting of economic systems, can describe the characteristics of the methods, deficiencies, know the possible methods for the development of business development proposals and analysis of their success.
2. can explain the essence of economic regularities, the application of quantitative and qualitative methods in the assessment of an enterprise's activity.
3. Develop forecasts for the particular economic situation
4. is able to give an interpretation of the obtained indicators in the context of the study
5. can estimate the quality of used models
6. is able to develop a full-fledged forecasting study using information technology and processing the obtained information, to organize expert examination
|Requirements for obtaining credit points||Mid-term Assessment:
1. Individual work (2 works) - 20%
2. Practical works (5 works) - 20%
3. Laboratory work (4 works) - 20%
4. Case studies (2 works) - 10%
Written exam - 30%
|Study programmes||Accounting, Analysis and Audit|