|Faculty||Faculty of Business, Management and Economics|
|Credit points, number of lectures||
|Course annotation||Aim of the course “Controlling” is to contribute comprehension about promising company’s management. The course helps to obtain knowledge about different solutions of problems and situations with aim to ensure successful (profitable) long term performance.
Tasks of the course:
1. To get acquainted with management’s decisions, sequence with decision making, sources of information.
2. To enforce knowledge on management accounting in order to get exact information about manufactured production and services provided.
3. To calculate costs of products and services.
4. To get acquainted with methodology of pricing.
5. To calculate minimal volume of production or order for the company to avoid losses.
6. To understand the types of controling and their role in the analysis of the budget.
|Course responsible lecturer||Ramona Rupeika-Apoga|
|Results||After successful completion of the course, students will be able to define profitability of each product or service. Students will be able to make full cost and prices calculation, to evaluate their practical use. Knowledge of entrepreneurship planning will be obtained, as well as workout of development aims and strategies, control of management decisions.
After successful completion of the course, students can show:
1. The essence of controlling and its role for business development.
2. The controlling types and investment planning
3. The costs, turnover and profit combinations and the applicable analysis methods
4. Can calculate full cost of manufactured production and services provided, critical manufacturing volume, profitability.
5. To prepare the budget within the framework of operational controlling
6. To perform value analysis of functions
7. To be able to make decisions in planning and cost optimization.
8. To be able to develop the strategy of Controlling and to define the goals.
9. Ability to use control and analysis results for management decision making.
|Course plan||1. Concept of Controling, place and role in company management. (L2, P2)
2. Management accounting for cost calculation. (L4, P4)
3. Cost analysis for decision making. (L4, P4)
4. Price formation at the company. (L2, P2)
5. Operational Controling and budgeting. (L2, P2)
6. Strategic Controling and Investment Planning. (L2, P2)
|Requirements for obtaining credit points||The attendance of the lectures is not mandatory.
Attendance of the practical lessons is mandatory + 3 tests (30%).
Task – submit full cost calculation of one product or service (20%).
Examination - written exam (50%).
Examination – written theory test and task.
Accounting, Analysis and Audit