|Faculty||Faculty of Business, Management and Economics|
|Credit points, number of lectures||
|E-courses||2EKO3958: Financial Analysis|
|Course annotation||The aim of the course is to give comprehension about the essence of financial analysis, its importance estimating financial situation and performance of enterprise.
The tasks of study:
1. to acquainted with used sources of financial analysis, their structure and relationships;
2. to acquainted with different methods of analysis which are useful to assess financial situation and performance of business activities in the enterprise;
3. help to obtain ability and skills to analyze and assess ratios of enterprise liquidity, solvency, asset turnover, profitability and sustainable growth;
4. to give skills and competences to interpreted results of financial analysis in context business industry.
|Course responsible lecturer||Ramona Rupeika-Apoga|
|Results||Acquired this course the students will obtain theoretical knowledge about role of financial analysis, used methods of analysis and with depth understanding to study all those object which connected with estimating financial situation and perspective of business development.
The students have:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the role of financial analysis for managing decision making;
2. Able to demonstrate knowledge the methods used in financial analysis;
3. Is able to critically evaluate the sources of information used in the financial analysis, their structure and relationships;
4. Possibility to formulate the reasonableness of selected analytical methods for assessing the financial position and economic performance;
5. Ability to describe the importance of company's liquidity, solvency, efficiency of funds and profitability of capital ;
6. Ability to interpret the results of analysis in the context of the business sector and to anticipate development trends
7. Ability to use various sources of information, to explain their interconnections;
8. Have the ability to independently apply various methods of analysis in assessing the financial position and economic performance;
9. Possibility to evaluate and interpret the analysis results in the context of the business sector and to develop proposals for improvement the financial situation.
Competences are checked when students write tests, independently work out a homework in group (up to 3 students) on the financial situation and the results of economic activity on particular company, presenting it and writing the exam paper according the course content.
|Course plan||NoTheme Amount in hours
1. The historical development of financial analysis. (L-2)
2. The models of financial analysis. (L-2)
3. The methodology of financial analysis. (L-2,S-2)
4. Description of financial statement system. (L-4,S-4)
5. The horizontal and vertical analysis. (L-4,S-4)
6. The indicator of liquidity and their analysis. (L-4,S-6)
7. The indicators of solvency and their analysis. (L-2,S-2)
8. The analysis of using assets. (L-4,S-4)
9. The indicators of profitability and their analysis. (L-4,S-6)
10. The indicators of market activities. (L-2,S-2)
11. Introduction of prediction of insolvency. (L-2,S-2)
|Requirements for obtaining credit points||Attendance of the lectures is not mandatory.
Attendance of the seminars is mandatory + 3 tests (15%).
Task – submit full calculation of financial ratios and results of business performance in enterprise „XX” (35%).
Examination – written theoretical test and practical calculation (50%).
Accounting, Analysis and Audit