|Faculty||Faculty of Business, Management and Economics|
|Credit points, number of lectures||
|E-courses||2EKO3963: Tax Accounting|
|Course annotation||The goal of the course is to provide basic knowledge of the Republic of Latvia Law in the area of tax accounting and record keeping to students.
The objectives include acquisition of knowledge on functioning of specific accounting laws and relevant record keeping, analysing of approaches to specific areas of business activity and evaluation of transactions with EU member states. On the basis of the acquired theoretical knowledge, practical tasks in tax accounting are completed.
Language of instruction: Latvian
|Course responsible lecturer||Ramona Rupeika-Apoga|
1. Demonstrates a basic understanding of tax accounting and enforcement, understanding the specifics and differences of accounting in different situations.
2. Identify basic tax accounting settings and issues
3. calculate and account for tax amounts in different situations,
4. understands and assesses the conditions for the application of the tax in question and its relation to the regulatory framework,
5. Explains tax accounting principles and interpretation of practical uses.
6. calculate tax amounts in different situations,
7. is able to find the tax treatment of different situations using the acquired theoretical bases and skills;
9. assess the results and consequences of tax accounting;
10. Demonstrates understanding of tax accounting and enforcement relationships and the operation of the Tax Policy Impact Tool;
11. presents the results of the analysis of variations in the application of tax accounting.
12. independently analyzes and evaluates the impact of the applied tax accounting and is able to compare with the experience of other countries,
13. use the results of tax accounting, findings and assessments of specific facts;
14. apply different tax elements in tax application, solving situations in non-standard situations.
15. is able to understand the impact of tax accounting requirements on the interrelationship between political and socio-economic development
16. is able to analyze independently the impact of the practical application of taxation on business.
|Course plan||No. Topic Planned amount in hours
1. Tax System in Latvia L1 S1
2. State Social Insurance Obligatory Payments L1 S1
3. Individual Income Tax L2 S2
4. Micro corp. tax L1 S1
5. Real Estate Tax L1 S1
6. Lottery and Gambling Tax L1 S1
7. Value Added Tax L2 S2
8. Excise L1 S1
9. National Resources Tax L1 S1
10. Motor and Bike Taxes L1 S1
11. Corporate Income Tax L2 S2
12. Company Car Tax L1 S1
13. Vehicle Operation Tax L1 S1
L - lecture,
S - seminar
|Requirements for obtaining credit points||Attending of lectures is advised compulsory;
1. two tests (60%);
2. examination (40%).
Examination - test.
Accounting, Analysis and Audit