|Faculty||Faculty of Business, Management and Economics|
|Credit points, number of lectures||
|E-courses||2EKO3981: Prediction of solvency|
|Course annotation||The “Prediction of solvency” course is advanced and is aimed at gaining future and more precise knowledge after completion of theory financial accounting and financial analysis.
The aim of the course is to contribute comprehension about predicting of financial situation in the enterprise based on results of analysis data in the past as well as based on influence of assessments internal and external factors.
The task of the course to help to obtain understanding which quantitative and qualitative methods are using for assessment financial situation and bankruptcy prediction.
The language of instruction is Latvian.
|Course responsible lecturer||Ramona Rupeika-Apoga|
|Results||Successfully completed this course,students have obtain:
1. Manages solvency forecasting methods and their application.
2. Understands the relationship between solvency factors, causes and characteristics.
3. Using different bankruptcy forecasting models, they are able to calculate the solvency forecast indexes.
4. Is able to determine solvency factors and causes of insolvency.
5. Is able to assess the probability of a company's insolvency.
6. Ability to develop proposals to improvement the financial situation of acompany.
Competences are tested when students are writing the tests, the independent working out the paper in group (up to 3 students) on certain company`s solvency assessment and its presentation, writing examination paper in accordance with the course content.
|Requirements for obtaining credit points||The attendance of the lectures is not mandatory.
1. Attendance of the seminars is mandatory + 2 tests (20%).
2. Task – submit full calculation of insolvency prediction and assessment it in enterprise „XX” (30%).
3. exam (50%)
Examination – written theoretical test and practical calculation.
|Study programmes||Accounting, Analysis and Audit|