|Faculty||Faculty of Business, Management and Economics|
|Credit points, number of lectures||
|E-courses||2EKO2942: Simple entry bookkeeping|
|Course annotation||The course is intended for individual merchants and other self-employed persons bookkeeping.
Course aim - to provide knowledge in the understanding and application levels for individual merchants and other self-employed person bookkeeping and taxation, subject to differences in their legal status.
Course objective - to give students a chance to acquire individual merchants and other self-employed person's legal status, accounting and tax rules base, familiar with basic accounting principles, inventory items, valuation methods for assets, income and expenditure of the simple accounting system. Students acquire individual merchant financial reporting during the course.
The language of instruction is Latvian
|Course responsible lecturer||Ramona Rupeika-Apoga|
1. knows the legal basis for accounting for a simple entry accounting to create the report of revenue and expenditure
2. able to describe tax calculation and accounting procedures for individual entrepreneurs, farms, etc. economic operators who can keep records in a simple entry system
3. uses the acquired theoretical knowledge for arranging accounting in a simple recording system
4. practically completes the most used accounting documents, registers and reports.
5. calculate taxes for individual entrepreneurs, farms, etc. self-employed economic operators who keep accounting records in a simple record-keeping system
6. draws up personal income tax declaration for self-employed economic operators
|Course plan||No. Topic Planned amount in hours
1. The legal framework for economic activities and accounting laws and regulations. L2;S2
2. Documentation of economic activity, registration of income and expenses. L3;S3
3. Calculation of taxes and their accounting. L4;P5
4. Accounting objects of the simple entry system. L3;P3
5. Annual income statement and financial statement. L3;P4
L - lecture, S - seminar,
P - practical work
|Requirements for obtaining credit points||The attendance of the lectures is not mandatory, but recommended.
The student is obliged to attend seminars and practical works.
1. 2 tests, 2 home works (50%).
2. Exam (50%) -
a written, theoretical issues and practical tasks.
|Study programmes||Accounting, Analysis and Audit|