|Faculty||Faculty of Business, Management and Economics|
|Credit points, number of lectures||
|E-courses||2EKO2976: Basic of cost and management accounting and simulation games|
|Course annotation||Course” Basic of cost and management accounting and simulation games” provided for strengthen, systemize and aggregate knowledge in management accounting.
The purpose of the course is to link the various management accounting concepts and methods to a large aggregate task, by means of applied games; to visualize production, its stages, its realisation, and link them to cost accounting and budget development.
The language of instruction is Latvian.
|Course responsible lecturer||Ramona Rupeika-Apoga|
|Results||Completing the course the students get a better understanding operation and interaction of individual elements of management accounting.
Students acquire a composite picture of management accounting.
Upon successful completion of these courses, students have obtain
1. The terminology used on classification of costs.
2. Critical assessment of various practical approaches of costs estimation and budgeting.
3. Understands the costs accounting and its moving
4. Obtain skills to grouping cost information and calculate the full cost of products.
5. Is able to calculate operating profit and determine the value of stocks.
6. Ability the independently compile, analyze and adjust the company budgets.
7. Ability to prepare information for the management of the company for decision making.
8. Is able to identify gaps in the use of calculation methods.
9. Is able to analyze and evaluate the performance of the budget.
Competences are tested when students write checking tests, independently doing business calculations and presenting them, and in the exam where practical tasks are dealt with according to the course content
|Course plan||1. Costing
1.1. Introducing, cost classification. 4 (2L,2P)
1.2. Direct cost accounting. 4(2L,2P)
1.3. Allocation of overhead costs. 6(3L,3P)
1.4. Process costing. 6(3L,3P)
2. Simulation game “Manufacturing of crib notebooks”
2.1. Pre - calculations. 4(4P)
2.2. Manufacturing simulation. 4(4P)
2.3. Finishing calculation. 8(8P)
3.1. Budgeting in planning system. 2(2L)
3.2. Functional and financial budget establishing. 6(2L,4P)
3.3. Basic of analysis of budget completing. 4(2L,2P)
4. Simulation game “Planning of manufacturing of crib notebooks”
4.1. Budgeting for next game period. 8(8P)
4.2. Manufacturing and actual results accounting. 3(3P)
4.3. Analysis of performing of budget, deviation analysis. 5(5P)
L - lecture,
P - practical work
|Requirements for obtaining credit points||To attend of lectures are not obligatory.
To attend of workshops (simulation games) are obligatory.
1. Tests during semester (30%)
2. Calculation of simulation games started in auditorium and finished at home (20 %).
3. examination (50 %)
Examination – written solving of exercises.
Accounting, Analysis and Audit