|Faculty||Faculty of Business, Management and Economics|
|Credit points, number of lectures||
|E-courses||2EKO1077: Research methods and appoaches in Accounting studies|
|Course annotation||Course objective: to improve students' theoretical knowledge and gain practical skills in scientific research , with particular emphasis on the specific of Accounting in Economic branch.
Course objectives :
1 ) to improve student`s skills in solving practical tasks of the study, using the opportunities offered by computer technologies in preparing research works;
2 ) to develop new skills (for example, to implement high quality research methods).
|Course responsible lecturer||Ramona Rupeika-Apoga|
1. identify various (qualitative and quantitative) research methods for the development of scientific work
2. know the stages of scientific work for practical application
3. select the necessary information for research work
4. clearly formulate the topic of the research project to be developed in the study course
5. use appropriate research methods to carry out scientific work
6. compose the results of the research carried out in accordance with the requirements of scientific designed projects
7. prepare and demonstrate to the audience the results of the research project
|Course plan||1. Basic of research methodology. Quantitative and qualitative research methods. L1; S3
2. The research traditions in finance and accounting. L2; S2
3. Empirical research methods. L2, S2
4. Literature research, critical analysis. L1, S5
5. Technical execution of the research. L2, S4
6. Methodological requirements of the development of Study thesis and it`s results presentation.
|Requirements for obtaining credit points||Participation in seminars and practical classes is mandatory.
Overall assessment consists of the following sections :
1. 20% assessment of the activities of the first workshop session;
2. 20% planing of a scientific research project
3. 20% presentation of the research project
4. 40% written paper of the research project/exam
Accounting, Analysis and Audit