Note, that the minimum length of stay for long term is three months and the Tenant is obligated pay the rent for first 3 months in order to book the room, besides the payment must be made at least one month before the date of arrival.
University of Latvia (UL) offers two student hotels for International students “Prima hostel” and ”Reznas student hotel”. Both of them are located in Riga, Reznas street. There is a well-developed public transportation, it takes about 20 minutes to reach city centre, main building of the University of Latvia as well as Old town and Central Railway station. Open the map
| PRIMA Hostel |
Riga, Reznas street 10 k-1
| REZNAS student hotel |
Riga, Reznas street 10C
PRIMA offers four types of rooms and two types of accommodation periods:
For full-time and exchange students
REZNAS offers one type of rooms and one type of accommodation period:
Long term accommodation:
Double room EUR 100 per month
For exchange students only
|Internal and safety rules|| |
How to get there?
Take the trolleybus No. 15 (runs every 5 minutes in working days; every 10 minutes on weekends and holidays). Trolleybus stop is located next to the main building of the University of Latvia. Get off at the stop named „Reznas iela” (it’s the 8th stop on route from the University of Latvia). For further directions check the following map.
Long term accommodation:
1. International degree and exchange students should proceed with the payment for accommodation only upon the acceptance for studies at the UL.
2. The minimum length of stay for long term accommodation is three months and the Tenant is obligated pay the rent for first 3 months in order to book the room.
3. The payment must be made at least one month before the date of arrival.
4. The room reservation is completed as soon as the payment is transferred to the UL bank account.
5. If there are any changes in the reservation period, send the information to the administrator (see the contact information below) not later than one month before the arrival date.
6. If the Tenant cancels the reservation or decides to terminate the contract, the first payment will not be refunded.
Before making the reservation, you are kindly asked to read carefully the general rules and conditions stipulated in the Lease contract , which will be signed upon arrival at the chosen student hotel. It is also highly recommended to present a proof of payment for first three months on the arrival at the student hotel.
Short term accommodation at Prima Hostel
1) This option is available only for students who will be accepted for studies at the University of Latvia
2) The maximum length of stay for short term accommodation is one month.
3) The payment for short term accommodation must be done upon arrival at Prima hostel.
4) If there are any changes in the reservation period, send the information to the administrator (see the contact information below) not later than one month before the arrival date.
HOW TO APPLY
Choose the student hotel and type of the room you wish to apply for and fill out the booking form (see below). A notification confirming the receipt of the filled out form will be sent to your e-mail address provided in the form, if the booking has been submitted successfully.
UL representatives will contact you and inform on the availability of the requested type of room. You will also be given payment details and bank account specifications.
For long term accommodation make the payment for the room according to the payment instructions given by the UL officer. The room reservation is completed as soon as the payment is transferred to the UL bank account. Please note that the payment must be made no later than one month before the arrival.
On the arrival you must check in at the chosen student hotel by presenting your ID and a document confirming the transferred payment for long term accommodation or make the payment for short time accommodation.
For the incoming UL Exchange students
Application for the dormitories will be open starting from:
- Autumn semester/ full year – April 15
- Spring semester – October 15
- Autumn semester/ full year – June 25
- Spring semester – December 25
Please note! International degree and exchange students should proceed with the payment for accommodation only upon the acceptance for studies at the University of Latvia.
Students who have applied for studies at other higher education institutions in Latvia (except the University of Latvia, Non-UL students) may apply only for PRIMA student hostel throughout the year.
For further information please contact: