Lecture "The European welfare state in perspective" by Prof. Stein Kuhnle
The Baltic – German University Liaison Office kindly likes to invite you to the lecture "The European welfare state in perspective" by Prof. Stein Kuhnle (Core Faculty of the Hertie School of Governance)
The lecture will put European welfare state development in a historical and comparative perspective.
- when, why, how - and based on which principles - did European welfare states develop?
- why have different kinds of European welfare states developed, and are European welfare states becoming more alike?
- what has the effect of the EU been on welfare state development?
- what can it be?
- how did the welfare state idea spread beyond Europe, and to what extent are welfare states being globalized?
- is there a future for the European welfare state?
The event will be held in English and German.
Thursday, November 5th 2009, at 12:30
University of Latvia, Faculty of Social Sciences
Lomonosova 1, Rīga, Room 210