XVIII Biennial Conference of the European Association of Chinese Studies "Culture is a Crowded Bridge"
UL Press Centre
The conference will be held July 14-18, 2010 in the main building of the University of Latvia.
Scholars of Chinese Studies from Europe and beyond are invited to submit proposals for individual lectures or for panels or to attend the conference as listeners. In the paper proposals the topic and the problem should be explained; also, the theoretical and methodological approach applied in the paper shoud be mentioned. Please notify that the text of your abstract, after acceptance, will be published on this webpage in no other version than the accepted one. The EACS board decided to subsume the thematic variety according to the following sections:
- Lingustics & Languages
- Religion & Philosophy
- Art & Archaeology
- Premodern Literature
- Modern Literature
- Premodern History
- Modern History
- Politics & International Relations
- Contemporary Economy & Society
- Anthropology & Sociology
- Environment & Ecology
- Performing Arts & Media
- Teaching Chinese as a foreign language
- Translation & Interpretation
Please, identify your proposal when submitting it via the conference website as belonging to one of the above mentioned seventeen sections. Proposals not identified by their authors will be distributed to one section by the organizing committee and delegated to the referees in charge. In case the proposal will be accepted by the organizers, the author(s) will be informed and the decision concerning belonging to the section can not be revised.
Please note the following deadlines and dates:
- February 1: deadline for submission of abstracts and panel proposals,
- March 15: notification about the acceptance of paper proposals and panels,
- June 1: deadline for registration of participants without presentations,
as well as the last day you can cancel your registration with refunding of the registration fee (refund is not possible if you cancel after June 1)
- June 1 - July 1: registration for the welcome reception and the banquet (July 17).
- July 14-18: conference in the main building of the University of Latvia, Raina bulvaris 19, Riga
- Wednesday, July 14: reception and welcome toast
- Thursday, July 15 - Sunday, July 18: conference sessions
- Saturday, July 17: banquet
For further details, please visit the conference website www.eacs-riga2010.lv