Your home university has nominated you to participate in a student exchange programme in order to study at the University of Latvia. A study period abroad needs a lot of preparation. Please read this information carefully. In it you will find the necessary information for planning your stay at the University of Latvia.
Student Exchange Programmes
- University of Latvia accepts exchange students within several Student Exchange Programmes (ERASMUS, JoinEU-SEE, TRIPLE I, CENTAURI, CAMPUS EUROPAE, ISEP, bilateral agreements, agreements between countries).
- If you are interested in Student Exchange, please contact at first the International Office at your home university. The home university selects the candidates for Student Exchange.
Your home university has nominated you for student exchange period at the University of Latvia. The University of Latvia checks if there is an existing and valid student exchange programme in your field of study.
Please note that the faculties of the University of Latvia consider every application individually and make the decision based on the fully completed application form and enclosures. Kindly note also that the University of Latvia accepts the nominated exchange students:
- if the faculty can offer academic guidance in the respective field;
- if the University of Latvia can provide with the scholarship as stipulated in the bilateral cooperation agreements (except ERASMUS).
The academic year is divided in two semesters - in autumn semester (from September till January) and in spring semester (from February till June) Academic calendar.
International students for Exchange studies should submit the following documents to the International Relations Department of the University of Latvia by May 15 (for autumn semester) and by November 15 (for spring semester) (in case if these documents aren't in Latvian, English, German or Russian language you have to add authorized translation of these documents):
- official copy of his/her most recent transcript of records (diploma, secondary school certificate)
- copy of passport or (for citizens of EU) ID card
- completed application form
- two photos (35 mm x 45 mm) - one of them attached to the application form
- proof of English language proficiency at least B1 Level (except cases when English in the native language and/or when previous education is obtained in English).
After receiving the original application documents from all prospective exchange students International Relations Department contacts the respective faculties in order to receive their acceptance.
Around 1, 5 months after the application deadline the accepted exchange students receive our official acceptance letter by post and acceptance by email together with information about the accommodation possibilities (Accommodation)