Quality policy of the University of Latvia
Quality policy of the UL is continuous development towards EXCELLENCE, to assure the achievement of stakeholder-oriented balanced and sustainable results.
- Excellence in research – the sustainability of fundamental and applied research, knowledge intensive services for the society and innovations that ensure achievement of internationally significant results;
- Excellence in studies – professionally qualitative, internationally recognized research-based studies that educate competent and competitive specialists for Latvian and European labour market;
- Long-term and reliable cooperation with society – active and dynamic cooperation with the state, municipalities, the private and non-governmental sector, to ensure long-term development of Latvia and the UL.
To carry out the quality policy, the UL:
- relies on its values – excellence, creativity and openness, to develop a pursuit and an implementation of quality culture in every job position and in the whole University;
- sets up the quality management system according to EFQM Excellence model* and Bergen communiqué guidelines, which include process approach;
- ensures that every representative of the UL is motivated to be involved in development, maintenance and improvement of quality management system;
- plans and ensures necessary support for quality management system by personnel, training, financial or by material and technical resources;
- cooperates with the representatives of students, employers and other stakeholders to ensure feedback;
- accomplishes assessment of the achieved results, as well as identification of necessary improvements, which are based on regular multilevel self-evaluation;
- publishes objective, regular and fact-based information about its performance.
*EFQM Excellence model 2010/ http://www.efqm.org/en/
** Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area 2005/ http://www.enqa.eu/files/ENQA%20Bergen%20Report.pdf