Department of Optometry and Optical Science
The Department of Optometry and Optical Science in collaboration with the Faculties of Biology, Medicine and Chemistry provides academic study programmes in Bachelor’s, Master’s and doctoral levels. Successfully complying with the requirements of the fifth level professional programme, the students can be entitled to practice the regulated profession – optometrist.
The research work of the Chair is mainly conducted within the sub-sector of medical physics in the following directions:
1) psychophysical studies of visual perception;
2) binocular and stereo vision;
3) properties of optical ophthalmic materials;
4) kinetic studies of visual system’s physiological processes;
5) accommodation and vergence mechanisms.
Bachelor and Master theses are frequently connected with the topical problems of primary vision care and students address the challenges of the optometrist profession in the theses (see home page).