The strategic partner of the Faculty of Computing is the UL Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science; it participates directly in the study process and involves students in the research projects. The Faculty of Computing is very open to a wide range of collaboration. Frequently the employers, unaware of the opportunities for cooperation, complicate the process of new staff employment.
The Faculty offers employers the following opportunities:
- To incorporate an optional course in the study programme (the computing department does not lobby any company on principle; however, it also does not restrict their participation in the study process. Currently we are collaborating with Microsoft Latvia, Exigen Services Latvia, CISCO, Baltic Technology Group, IBM Latvia);
- To participate in special seminars;
- To grant scholarships to students;
- To provide placement for students;
- To delegate their employees to the board of qualification papers;
- To delegate their employees to the board of studies in computer science;
- To support their employees – advisers of qualification papers, bachelor and master theses;
- To run joint research projects;
- To train and improve their employees’ professional skills.
Every year the Faculty signs training agreements with more than 50 organizations in Latvia and sometimes with organizations abroad; and its exchange of students and professors covers the universities of the USA, Belgium, Italy, Canada, Japan, Germany and Sweden.