Faculty of Business, Management and Economics
Address: Aspazijas blvd. 5, Rīga, LV-1050
Telephone: +371 67034701
Dean: asoc. prof. Gundras Bērziņš
Home page: www.bvef.lu.lv
The Faculty of Faculty of Business, Management and Economics, being the largest faculty of University of Latvia, ensures studies and scientific research work in the field of economy and management, which correspond to the contemporary level and needs of Latvia.
The University of Latvia named at that time "The Latvia Higher School" was founded on September 28, 1919 on the basis of the former Riga Polytechnic (founded in 1862). In 1923 this school received its now resumed name - the University of Latvia (Universitas Latviensis).
- The University of Latvia started training economists on 28 September 1919, when the Faculty of National Economy and Law was founded at Latvia Higher Scholl.
- In 1944 the training of economists was resumed at the Faculty of Economics, but on 1 May 1968 the Faculty of Economics became a separate structural unit.
- In 1974 a separate faculty - the Faculty of Finance and Trade - branched off from the Faculty of Economics.
- In academic year 1986 / 1987 the Faculty of Business Administration and Economic Informatics was founded on the basis of management and informatics departments.
- The Faculty of Economics and the Faculty of Finance and Trade merged in 1992 to form the Faculty of Economics, but on 1 July 1997 the Faculty of Economics and the Faculty of Business Administration and Economic Informatics merged to give rise to the Faculty of Economics.